Procedures to Take Up Employment for Foreign Student
1. Foreign student can be employed to work at :
2. Application to be submitted by the institution's representative together with the student to Immigration Headquarters for Private Institute of Higher Learning. Application from student of Public Institute of Higher Learning can be submitted to the state Immigration offices.
3. Supporting letter from the institution (Public/Private Institute of Higher Learning) allowing the student to take up employment, and stating the semester holidays.
4. Permission to work will be endorsed in student's passport.
5. The institution (Public/Private) will have to furnish the name list of students that are working and student's performance report to Immigration Department every 3 months.
6. Student is permitted to work on a temporary basis obly with 20 hours working period per week.
7. Emplyoment as cashier is not allowed.
8. Permission to work will be renewed/extended if good/high academic performance of the student is maintained.